|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Cook Time:||145 min|
Braised Short Ribs with Gravy
There’s nothing quite like the amazingly savory slow-cooked flavor of braised short ribs with gravy. Baked for 2 hours and seasoned with thyme, bay leaves and garlic, this dish gives you that sought-after fall-off-the-bone tenderness.
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 1/2 lbs. beef short ribs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef
- 5 cups water
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 large carrot
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 package (8 oz.) cipollini onions, peeled
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown short ribs on all sides. Remove short ribs to plate. Deglaze pan with a little water, then add to large heavy-duty oven-proof pot with lid.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in another skillet over low heat and cook onion and garlic to caramelize. Stir into pot with deglazing liquid. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in ribs, thyme and bay leaves. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, then cover with pot lid. Bake covered 2 hours. Add carrots and bake until ribs and carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown cipollini onions in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in another skillet; set aside.
- Remove ribs to serving dish and keep warm; skim fat from stock. Whisk in cornstarch blended with 1/4 cup water. Bring stock to a boil and continue boiling over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour gravy over ribs to serve. Garnish with caramelized cipollini onions and, if desired, additional fresh thyme.
Advanced Recipe Search
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Best Foods® transforms your chicken into a juicier, crispier, more delicious meal.
The Original Potato Salad
It's made with Real Mayonnaise, just like mom always made!
Succulent Chicken Parmesan
The juiciest & simplest chicken Parmesan recipe around.
Classic Macaroni Salad
with Real Mayonnaise
Super Moist Chocolate Mayo Cake
Made with real ingredients like eggs and oil, mayonnaise adds moistness and richness to your baking.