Masa Polenta with Sausage & Peppers
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 medium green and/or red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 cup masa harina
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook chorizo in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook green peppers and onion, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 8 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat and cook garlic, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Gradually whisk in masa. Boil until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise. Stir in cilantro.
- Transfer polenta to serving platter, then top with sausage and peppers. Garnish, if desired, with crumbled queso fresco.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||380|
|Total Fat||43 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||120 %|