Roasted Jalapeno Chicken Empanadas
- Serves: 10
- PREP TIME: 15 min
- COOK TIME: 15 min
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded manchego cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 5 jalapeno peppers, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 package frozen discos empanadas (10 discos), thawed
- Vegetable oil for frying
- For filling, combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, cheese, peppers, green onions and garlic salt in medium bowl. Stir in chicken.
- Lightly roll each disco empanada to 5 to 6 inches. Place 1/4 cup filling in center of each disco, then brush edges of discos with water. Fold discos in half over filling, then press edges with fork to seal.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook empanadas, a few at a time, 5 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning once; drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
Also terrific with Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise with Lime Juice.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||18 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||4 %|