Scrumptious Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Serves: 12
- PREP TIME: 25 min
- COOK TIME: 30 min
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow pudding in the mix cake mix
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger (optional)
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan*; set aside.
- Combine cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in large bowl. Beat in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, eggs, carrots and pineapple with electric mixer at low speed 30 seconds or until moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- For Frosting, beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar, Country Crock® Spread, lemon juice and vanilla in medium bowl, with electric mixer until light and creamy, about 5 minutes. Evenly spread frosting over cooled cake. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped walnuts.
*Or, prepare cake mix as above in two 9-inch round cake pans and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||230|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||61 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||70 %|
|Vitamin C||6 %|