|Prep Time:||15 min|
|Cook Time:||12 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||9 %|
|Saturated Fat||5 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber||12 %|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
Potato Beet Salad
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beets, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup green onions, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cover potatoes with water in 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool.
- Combine potatoes with remaining ingredients in large bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Garnish, if desired, with sliced hard cooked eggs and sliced black olives.
- *SUBSTITUTION: Use 1 lb. fresh beets. In 2-quart saucepan, add beets and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until beets are tender. Drain and cool; then peel and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cost per recipe*: $4.16 Cost per serving*: $0.52 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.