Roasted Chicken with Lemon & Herbs
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- 1 medium lemon
- 5 lbs. whole chicken
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. From the lemon, grate enough peel to measure 1 teaspoon, then cut lemon in half.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, parsley, thyme, sage, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture under chicken skin, then spread remaining on outside of chicken. Place lemon halves in cavity.
- Arrange chicken breast side up in 13 x 9-inch roasting pan, with or without rack. Roast 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° and continue roasting 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 180°.
Cost per recipe*: $7.80 Cost per serving*: $1.95 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||500|
|Total Fat||55 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||25 %|