Open-Faced Veggie Melts
- Serves: 4
- PREP TIME: 15 min
- COOK TIME: 12 min
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red, yellow or green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms or 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- Arrange bread on cookie sheet. Spread with 2 tablespoons Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, then top with basil; set aside.
- Toss vegetables with remaining Mayonnaise in large bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.
- Spread vegetables in bottom of broiler pan. Broil vegetables, turning once, until vegetables are browned and tender.
- Top bread slices with vegetable mixture, then top with cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
*Tip: Substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed, for fresh basil.
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|