|Prep Time:||25 min|
|Cook Time:||20 min|
Hellmann's Fried Chicken Panzanella
- 2 cups peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 cups torn sourdough bread (bite-size pieces)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. seeded mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size triangles
- 1 medium red heirloom tomato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow heirloom tomato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 Tbsp. small capers
- Preheat oven 425°. Preheat peanut oil i fryer or deep skillet to 350°. Toss bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange bread on baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Combine remaining olive oil, vinegar, mustard, pinch of salt and ground pepper in sealable jar and shake vigorously; set aside.
- Season chicken with remaining salt. Place Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise in small bowl; dip in each chicken thigh to coat. Dip chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Fry chicken in batches until thoroughly cooked, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper-towel-lined dish.
- Combine roasted pepper, tomatoes, basil, celery, capers, bread and 1/2 of the vinaigrette dressing in large bowl. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and remaining vinaigrette.