Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Serves: 10
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes [or yams], peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil in medium bowl. Arrange potatoes in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring once, 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender; cool completely.
- Combine potatoes, apple, cranberries and remaining Mayonnaise Dressing in large bowl; toss to coat. Chill, if desired.
Tip: For an extra special twist, add Sweetened Pecans. Cook 1 cup chopped pecans in 12-inch nonstick skillet with 6 tablespoons sugar, stirring constantly, until sugar browns, about 5 minutes. Spread pecan mixture onto greased aluminum foil. Let cool. Break into bite-size pieces and add to salad just before serving. Cost per recipe*: $5.41. Cost per serving*: $.54. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.