Super Moist Enchiladas Rojas
- Serves: 6
- PREP TIME: 30 min
- COOK TIME: 1 hr
- 8 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. reserved adobo sauce
- 1 can (29 oz.) tomato puree
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken Flavor Granulated Bouillon
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 8 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled queso fresco cheese (about 6 oz.)
- 12 corn tortillas
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 10-inch skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds; cool slightly.
- Process onion mixture, chipotle pepper, sauce, tomato puree and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Cook tomato mixture in 4-quart saucepot over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Whisk in 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine chicken, remaining 1/4 cup Mayonnaise and 1 cup cheese in medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat remaining 6 tablespoons oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook tortillas, one at a time, turning once, 1 minute or until heated through but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Dip tortillas in remaining sauce, then fill each with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Roll and place seam-side down in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until enchiladas are heated through and cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped onion.
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin A||-1 IU|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|