|Prep Time:||20 min|
|Cook Time:||8 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||270|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||30 %|
Grilled Eggplant, Bacon & Tomato Sandwiches with Basil Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 small eggplants, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 4 slices country-style bread (3/4 inch thick, from an 8-inch round loaf)
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with basil in small bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
- Combine tomatoes with 1/4 cup dressing in medium bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Toss eggplant with remaining 1/4 cup dressing and grill, turning once, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Brush both sides of bread with 1/4 mayonnaise mixture, then grill, turning once, until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Evenly spread remaining Mayonnaise mixture on each slice of toasted bread, then evenly top with grilled eggplant and tomato relish. Sprinkle bacon.