3 Kale Salad With Citrus Vinaigrette
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. thick cut bacon (about 9 slices)
- 2 Tbsp. Chef Tim Love Wild Game Rub*
- 1/4 cup pepitas or sliced almonds
- 6 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 bunches assorted kale (curly, chinese and purple kale), stems removed and roughly chopped (about 14 cups)
- 1 bunch celery leaves
- 1/2 cup shaved manchego cheese [or shredded Parmesan cheese]
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon, cook until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. Do not discard reserved fat.
- Add Tim Love Wild Game Rub and pepitas to pan and toast over medium heat. Remove from heat and slowly stir in remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice.
- Combine kale, celery leaves, and cheese in a large bowl. Toss with hot dressing. Crumble reserved bacon and sprinkle on top.