|Prep Time:||0 min|
Asian Chicken and Wild Rice Salad
- 1 boneless chicken breast (about 4 oz.)
- 1 package (7 oz.) long grain and wild rice, prepared according to package directions and cooled
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- Dash of sesame seed oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Arrange on baking sheet and bake until thoroughly cooked, about 25 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Mix chicken and rice with celery, green onions, water chestnuts, red pepper and almonds; set aside.
- Blend Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seed oil, lemon juice and red pepper flakes in small bowl with wire whisk. Spoon over chicken and vegetables; toss. Serve chicken salad on lettuce leaves and garnish with mandarin oranges.
- My family enjoys chicken salads and I created this recipe as a healthy, light , one-dish dinner that is especially delicious on warm summer evenings. This recipe has also been a big hit at showers and parties. Hellmann's has always been my choice of mayonnaise for its creaminess and tangy flavor.