Super Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Serves: 12
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- 1 box (18 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding & pie filling
- 2/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare 9 x 13-inch or two 8-inch round pans according to package directions.
- With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding, 2/3 cup of the orange juice, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, eggs and cinnamon for 1 minute. Scrape down and beat 2 minutes more.
- Fold in carrots, raisins and pecans.Pour into pan. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare frosting. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, remaining orange juice and grated orange peel. Beat until fluffy and frost cake.
- Oh so moist with the mayo! Enjoy. This is a special sneaky cake that incorporates healthy veggies, orange juice, fruit and nuts so my kids deliciously incorporate these goodies into their diet. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise makes it super special because the mayo replaces the oil and the cake is super moist and delicious.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||240|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbs||85 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||100 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|