|Prep Time:||15 min|
|Cook Time:||50 min|
|Chill Time||60 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||330|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||134 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
Spaghetti with Moist and Tender Turkey Meatballs
- 2 lbs. ground turkey (dark meat if you can get it)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil
- 4 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups grated Pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 lbs. spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, eggs, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil, breadcrumbs, 1 cup of the Pecorino, the nutmeg, the parsley, salt and pepper; mix very gently with your hands. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Place the meatballs into the oven and bake until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the olive oil in a 6 qt. pot over medium heat and add the onion, the garlic and the basil. Cook until soft and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and gently place them, one by one, into the sauce. (Lower the oven to 200°. ) Return sauce to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the meatballs gently to a platter and place into the warm oven. Leave the sauce in the pot.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 3 tablespoons kosher salt. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until just al dente. Drain, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta water. Toss the pasta into the sauce that the meatballs simmered in and toss to coat over medium heat for 30 seconds. Use the pasta water if it seems too dry, but you don’t have to!!!
- Pour the pasta and the sauce into a warmed bowl and serve immediately with the meatballs on the side and the extra Pecorino to sprinkle over the top.
Advanced Recipe Search
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Best Foods® transforms your chicken into a juicier, crispier, more delicious meal.
The Original Potato Salad
It's made with Real Mayonnaise, just like mom always made!
Succulent Chicken Parmesan
The juiciest & simplest chicken Parmesan recipe around.
Classic Macaroni Salad
with Real Mayonnaise
Super Moist Chocolate Mayo Cake
Made with real ingredients like eggs and oil, mayonnaise adds moistness and richness to your baking.