Spaghetti with Moist and Tender Turkey Meatballs
- Serves: 8
- PREP TIME: 15 min
- COOK TIME: 1 hr 20 min
- Chill Time 1 hr
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil
- 4 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups grated Pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 lbs. spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, eggs, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil, bread crumbs, 1 cup of the Pecorino, nutmeg, parsley, salt and pepper; mix very gently using hands. Form into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake meatballs 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat and cook onion, garlic and basil until soft and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 10 minutes.
- Place cooked meatballs into sauce. Reduce oven temperature to 200°. Return sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Remove meatballs to serving platter and place in warm oven. Leave sauce in pot.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta water. Add pasta to sauce and cook over medium heat 30 seconds, adding pasta water if desired.
- Pour pasta and sauce into a warmed bowl and serve immediately with meatballs on the side and remaining Pecorino sprinkled over top.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||330|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||134 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|