Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe
|Amount Per Serving||Value|
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (6 oz. ea.) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled buttery crackers (about 10 crackers)
Or Try It With
PREHEAT oven to 350°.
HEAT 6 tablespoons Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in tuna and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Whisk in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes .
STIR in bow ties, peas and cheese and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Turn into 2-quart shallow casserole.
COMBINE remaining 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise with cracker crumbs; sprinkle over casserole. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
TIP: Mayonnaise is the secret ingredient hack in this recipe. It plays two roles in this family pleaser- it replaces the oil to saute the onion with delicious flavor and then when the flour is added…it magically turns into a deliciously creamy sauce .
More Recipes You'll Love
Explore our range of delicious, quick and easy recipes!