Tempura Hot Dogs
|Amount Per Serving||Value|
|Total Carbohydrates (g)||72.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.0 g|
|Sodium (mg)||920.0 mg|
|Fat (g)||44.0 g|
|Saturated Fat (g)||11.0 g|
|Trans Fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||135.0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||25.0 %|
|Vitamin A||4.0 %|
|Vitamin C||8.0 %|
|Calcium (mg)||10.0 %|
|Sugar (g)||21.0 g|
|Protein (g)||19.0 g|
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, heated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 small fresh beets *, peeled and julienned (1/8- x 1/8- x 3-inch strips)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup iced water
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 hot dogs **
- 4 hot dog buns, split and lightly toasted (if desired)
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onions
Or Try It With
Combine vinegar with sugar in medium bowl until sugar is dissolved; stir in beets. Cover and marinate at least 30 minutes.
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Beat eggs with iced water in medium bowl with wire whisk or fork, then beat in 1 cup flour; set aside. Dip hot dogs in remaining 1/4 cup flour, tapping off any excess, then dip in egg mixture. Cook hot dogs in hot oil until crisp and golden. Drain on paper-towel-lined plate.
Arrange cooked hot dogs in buns, then top with beet mixture, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, cilantro and green onions.
**Variation: Grill, broil, boil or pan-fry hot dogs instead of dipping in batter and frying; serve as above.\nSee nutrition information for fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium
More Recipes You'll Love
Explore our range of delicious, quick and easy recipes!