- 1 dried pasilla chili pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless red snapper fillets
- 2 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chili de arbol, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat150
Remove stem and seeds of pasilla chile and toast in dry skillet over medium heat, pressing with spatula and turning until soft and pliable, about 1 minute. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over chili, cover and soak 10 minutes. Process pasilla chile with soaking liquid in mini food processor or blender; set aside.
Sprinkle snapper with Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in deep 12-in. skillet over medium-high heat and cook snapper, flesh-side-down, until golden, about 3 minutes. Remove snapper from skillet and keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet and cook onion, red pepper and mushrooms, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger, garlic and chile de arbol and cook 30 seconds. Stir in pasilla chili puree and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in water and coconut milk. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and add snapper. Simmer covered simmer until snapper flakes with a fork, about 5 minutes . Gently whisk in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise.
Serve, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges.